Other Services

Other Services

Emancipation of Minors

Emancipation is a way for a minor to legally separate from his or her parents. Once the emancipation is granted, the child is free from the custody and control of parents or guardians and gives up the right receive financial support from them.

During the emancipation process we will file a petition on the minor’s behalf which explains to the court the reasons why the minor is seeking emancipation and evidence that the minor is financially self-sufficient. In most cases, the court will schedule a hearing to decide whether emancipation is in the minor’s best interest.

Foster Parent Representation

We are happy to consult with foster parents who have questions and concerns about their rights under California foster care law including their right to participate in court hearings. We provide legal representation to foster parents in select cases.

Name Change of a Minor

If you want to change your child’s legal name, you must file a petition in your local superior court. If both parents agree with the request, the court will usually grant the request. If one parent files the petition on her own, she must give proper notice of the request and hearing date to the other parent. If the other parent disagrees with the name change, he has the right to attend the court hearing and tell the judge why he opposes the request. Once the name change order is issued by the court it can be used to change all of your child’s legal documents, including his or her birth certificate, social security card, passport, and driver’s license.

Fill out our contact form get started

Contact Us

140 South Lake Ave
Suite 348
Pasadena, CA  91101
social channels